

This is from my fabric stash. I took about two yards.
- Added 2 1/2 inches to the overall length.
- I made a size 14 but altered it to a larger width at the full hip (specifically in the back); which meant I had to redistribute the pleats.
- Added 1/2 inch to length of bodice (yoke) piece.
I made the dress in a solid grey wool the first time I made it. I did it specifically by the pattern, although it was quick; I really didn't like the finishing on the inside. I wanted a lot cleaner finish on the inside, so I sewed the zipper and straps in place before adding the yoke lining. I also used a centered invisible zipper; the pattern called for an overlapped zipper.
Below, a picture of the houndstooth dress, the zippers edges are not exposed as they are in the first version of the dress (the grey). The ends of the dress-straps are sewing with in the facing on the houndstooth version, in contrast to the grey version,where the straps were hand sewn to the bodice. I like the houndstooth version of the dress inside so much better
That jumper is beautiful and it the fit is great.
ReplyDeleteSandy .- if it is a simple pattern but with very good results. In Spain this type of models we call them "Pichi "..... that word so funny, right?. hugs, Paco
ReplyDeleteThat is a really cute jumper. I'll have to pick that pattern up.
ReplyDeleteCute jumper.
ReplyDeleteso beautiful! I really wish i make one like those too...
ReplyDeleteHello: I just found your blog and I enjoyed reading all your postings, especially the one about your mom providing you with a suitcase full of vintage patterns. That is what I called a Great and Special Mom". The jumper is nice and the fit is great
ReplyDeleteThe jumper fits you so perfect and I love the style. I also have this pattern and would also add length. It's so nice to see it made up,your changes are perfect!
ReplyDeleteSandy.- happy Christmas to you and yours and my best wishes for the new year.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Paco