Wednesday, April 9, 2008



Well I finished the first phase of my fitting class. I decided to do a Muslin of pants first (this is where I have my biggest problem in fitting). The pattern that I am going to use is Butterick 4292. Everyone else in the class is using a Vogue pattern. Turns out the Butterick pattern required less overall alterations; however, I did have to alter the flat pattern in the following areas:
  • my back pattern piece is 2 sizes larger than the front (sz 14 in the front size 20 in the back)
  • major alterations in the waistline (which will have to be done in the muslin) to reduce it. I'll probably end up with quite a few darts.
  • lengthen the leg
  • add extra height near the back center seam, to avoid what I refer to as the potential "plumbers crack".
I've got the fabric to make my muslin; so, we'll see how the fitting goes next week.

I'm also fitting a shell dress for a piece of designer fabric I purchased. This will be interesting since I have to do so much widening thru the hips/back, and the dress is a single front/back pattern pieces.




1 comment:

  1. Sandy .- greetings from Barcelona (Spain). I congratulate him on his proposals in his blog, and thank you for my link to your blog. I hope to visit him often. A hug and see you soon. Paco

    I apologize for my bad English. I have to use an on-line translator to communicate with you. I hope you can understand me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete