Sunday, April 27, 2008

Skirt pattern alterations done!

Well as part of this fitting class, I've also fitted a skirt. This method of using a different pattern size for the back piece worked amazingly well for the skirt. I just had to add a dart in the back pattern piece, and take the pattern in at the waist. I also added 2 inches to the length.

The pattern that I altered is:



The fabric I'm using is a piece I purchased from Vogue Fabrics Store in Chicago, IL:

I had a difficult time deciding which side to use the right or wrong side. (I liked the green color on the wrong side). But finally decided to go with the black/white-stripes. Turns out the stripes were on the cross-wise rather than length-wise, but don't like the thought of cross-wise stripes.

I just finished cutting out the skirt, and should have the skirt made by the end of the week. I'm contemplating putting a lining in the skirt (although the pattern doesn't call for one).

I also got a muslin done for the dress in my previous post (Vogue 8491). I ended up grading from a small upper body to the larger lower body back piece. I purchased a piece of designer fabric, Carnet de Mode, to make the dress out of:











Then it's on to my first set of pants done from the pants muslin alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment