Saturday, July 25, 2020

NewLook 6510 - Wearable Muslin

So one of my many projects this 'covid' season:

The dress is very simple to make.  I made my usual alterations.  It is a very easy wear.

Newlook 6510 Pattern 

NewLook 6510
I particularly like the tie off in the back.  I tie it slightly loose and let it hang.
Back of dress


>Pattern Description:
Misses Spaghetti Strap Dress

Pattern Sizing:
7 sizes in one (10-12-14-16-18-20)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes very easy

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Simple pattern to make

Fabric Used:
lgt wgt cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did my standard alterations of lengthening the dress.  I wanted it to be at least a tea length.  I also widen the dress thru the hips.

Typically the pattern calls for approximately 2 5/8 yards (60" wide) to make.  Because I added to the overall length and fullness of the dress, I ended up using just approximate 3 1/4 yards.
I hand-sewed the facing for the neck binding and straps.  I wanted a smooth finish on the neckline without the topstitching

This was supposed to be my "muslin" of the pattern.   I like how it turned out, so I wear it as a casual dress around the house and for quick errands.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will be making the dress again, in a different fabric color.  I will be making it slightly wider as I prefer a fuller skirt.

Conclusion:
The dress is a very easy "wear".  I call it no-brainer dressing.    I will widen it more thru the hips as I like a little loser fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment