I've had this pattern in my stash for quite sometime, and finally decided to make it up for Easter.
![]() |
Butterick 5641
|
I looked at a couple of blogs to see what others thoughts were on the pattern. The neckline sits right at the edge of the shoulders.
I had a border print, that I found at Colorado Fabrics in Denver. Its been in my stash for a while now, and I thought this would be the perfect pattern.
Of course with this being a white dress I had to do a full lining of the dress (The pattern calls for you to only put lining in the bodice).
I thought I'd play around with my camera remote a try and see how the photos come out:
| First shot using remote |
| Playing with the hem |
| Back View |
| Thought I'd try to spin around like my Granddaughter! |
Pattern Description:
Lined bodice dress is fitted through the bustline and close-fitting at waistline
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, the dress looked like pattern
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. I read thru the instructions, and made some minor tweeks because I did a fully lined dress.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love this dress, and got numerous compliments. For the average seamstress, I recommend that you pay close to attention to the attachment of the collar band, take care to make sure that the two pieces meet closely/correctly at the center front.
Fabric Used:
Fabric similar to cotton batiste
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did my usually lengthening at the hemline (additional 6 inches), added 3/4" at waistline, and some alterations in the bust area.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes! I've already done so in a navy border print (posting coming soon)
Conclusion:
I love the fit and cut of this dress!. I received numerous compliments the first time I wore it. Just be aware that the neckline sits just on the edge of the shoulders. I found it easier to wear a strapless bra.

Lovely ---a great look for you!
ReplyDeleteYou dress is gorgeous! And it looks great on you!
ReplyDelete