Wednesday, September 19, 2018

My “NEW” old iron!

As every “extreme” seamstress knows, “It’s all about the pressing!!!”.
Pressing can make the difference between a garment lookin professional or home-made.

Like anyone that does a lot of sewing,  I had to have an iron that generates a LOT of heat and steam.
But I needed something I could use when I traveled.  I tried one of the newer traveling but was never pleased with the heat they generated.

So one day I was at the thrift store, and guess what I saw!  A smaller version of those heavy metal irons that your mom used to have.  A GE travel iron!

The iron cost only $5, and works like a charm!  I’ve had it now for a couple of years.

I didn’t have anything to carry it in, other than the flimsy little pouch that came with it.

So I found this amazing pattern: “Caddy Pad” at my local quilt shop

This pattern is a carrier and pressing pad.

Here are pictures of the finished product:


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment