Well, since I've been talking about Burda Magazines; I thought I would make a blouse from one of the issues:
 |
| Burda 11/2013; #122 |
The recommended fabric for the top was a charmeuse. However, I chose to use a knit, and I chose not to make the shawl.
Why did I chose this top? I find that tops/dresses with princess seams are easier to adjust for fitting; because you have multiple seams ( 2 additional seams in the front and back) to make adjustments for the breast, waistline, and hip areas.
I had some knit fabric that I had purchased at Colorado Fabrics during one of their sales. It ran me about $1.00. I figured I'd give this a try and see how it works out. Beside this top is only going to be a muslin, right.
This top has a zipper in the side; but because I'm using a knit I didn't need it.
Here is the finished top:
 |
| Front of Top View 1 |
 |
| Front of Top View 2 |
 |
| Back of Top |
I was pretty pleased with my ability to match up the designs at the princess seams. It is very difficult for you tell where the seems are;
 |
| Close up of back seam View 1 |
 |
| Close up of back seam - View 2 |
Happy Sewing!!!!
I like this. I agree, princess seams are easier to adjust for fitting. I think I will try this pattern--looks like a comfy, easy to wear top.
ReplyDeleteHeeeey Sandy! Nice top.
ReplyDelete