When we removed the carpet from the entire house (now its all hardwood floors), I had to pack my sewing room. Oh My GOD! It's when you pack up your sewing room that you literally discover how much fabric and sewing items you actually have.
I have determined that I am a "sewing hoarder"! I am deeply attached to all of my fabrics, sewing machines, notions, patterns, etc. My daughter asked me could she throw out some of my sewing magazines, as I was at the store getting Thanksgiving dinner ingredients. (I think she did this on purpose). I was trapped, inside I was screaming "NO-O-O-O". However, I knew she was right, I needed to part with some of my magazine stash. I told her she could toss out the old Sew News, Threads and knitting magazines. All of the others, had to stay. I've was fighting the urge to go thru the trash bag and protect my mags from imminent danger. I'm trying to be a big girl about this!
Well my worst night mare happened! Most of my 2015 Burda magazines came up missing! We searched in boxes, etc for over 5 months, and couldn't locate them. I glared at my husband and daughter with that look of a child who had just lost their favorite toy! They couldn't remember if my magazines were in the ones they tossed or not. I informed my husband that they would have to replace them! So off to GLP we went, calling them to see if I could get copies of the 2015 issues.
They were fortunate in that we were able to locate most of them. Now lets fast forward to yesterday.
We are going thru some boxes in the basement and lo and behold: I FIND THE MISSING BURDA MAGAZINES! Along with the missing DirecTV remote.
Augh!, so now I have multiple copies of some of the issues. (At least now I know my family REALLY loves me - they replaced my sewing magazines, even though they think I have too much "sewing
Some I gave to sewing friends in my FB sewing group. I have the July 2014 issue available if someone reading my blog is interested please leave a comment, and you are welcome to it.
ISSUE NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
| 7/2015 - NO LONGER AVAILABLE |
Happy Sewing everyone . . . .
Oooh me, me, me!!!
ReplyDeleteSent you an email to get your mailing address. Hope you enjoy it; I love Burda magazine patterns, I very rarely buy the actual Burda patterns.
ReplyDelete