So time to fill you in on what I've been working on and completed.
First my WIP. I got the following pattern at a vintage sale, and found this really nice African fabric to make it from.
The pattern is Advance 6956. I'm making the Peplum blouse with the wiggle skirt.
The first thing I did was to resize the pattern. The pattern was a 34 bust, and I had to size it up to a 36 bust. Sizing up is what I hate the most about using most of my vintage patterns. This meant I had to add an additional 2 inches. I re-size my patterns based on the instructions from Sensibility. Using this method, I resized my pattern with a 3/8" addition at the neckline area, and underarm area, and a 1/4" addition at the shoulder area.
I added this to all of the pieces that attach to the front and back bodice peices: neck facings, sleeves, and peplum skirt.
I chose not to use the boarder on the peplum top. I only had a limited amount of fabric (~3 yds); so I had to figure out my layout accordingly. I've learned that when in these cases I layout the fabric and patterns on the floor and take a snapshot. Then when I am ready to cut the fabric. The picture acts as a layout guide:
The pattern presented an option of a lined vs unlined peplum skirt. I chose to line it with a black cotton.
The top is completed and I have only buttons left to put on. I'm hoping to post the completed picture of the top (inside and out) on tomorrow.
Happy Sewing . . . . .



Hi, I see you are in the sew your own wardrobe for a year challenge. So am I - so I hope to see you there and look forward to seeing this dress finished soon, as well.
ReplyDelete