Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tops To Go With Those Jeans. . .

So like I said, I've got 3 more pairs of jeans to go.  I just got this fabric from Moods.  I think it should make a nice pair of jeans.  I can't wait to get started on them.  Its an Italian Printed Denim.  I've got to pre-treat the fabric and hope to start them this week.


301895 Black Damask Italian Printed Denim
Picture Courtesy of Mood.com


Until theses are done, though I've been thinking that I'm going to need some tops to go with all these jeans.   About two years ago I made a peplum top from the Patrones Issue 292, pattern number 32.  I've made this up twice in a skirt set.  The 2nd one was out of  African fabric that I found at a local store called Akente Express in Denver, CO. It has been around for over 20 years.   (For a quick virtual tour of the store, select this link - This is so cool! )
Picture courtesy of Google Maps, select virtual tour link above to see entire store
I made this top about a year ago.  I have a matching skirt for this top. I thought it would be nice with my black denim jeans that I just completed.


I figured I'd make another top to wear with the acid wash jeans. The fabric uses is a white cotton with mini polka dots in navy blue. I had a blue faux-leather belt that I had made sometime back to pair with the top. I also underlined it in w/ imperial baptist.


My next sewing stop is a vintage dress pattern made from this "stash" fabric.  I just finished it today, and can't wait to wear it.



2 comments:

  1. wow, that jeans fabric look lush!!!! Love that store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey where you been....I've nominated you for the lovely & inspirational blog award. Check it out at my blog site. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete