Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Vintage Dress and Petticoat finished!

Well I finally finished my vintage dress.
I used some fabric that I had purchased last year at the Pattern Review meetup in Chicago 2011. The pattern that I was making is a vintage McCall:

The fabric was a green border print:

The finished product (as worn by my sewing mannequin):

As you can see I took some of the border print and made a custom belt.
Don't be fooled by the length. This may look long on my mannequin; but on me it is only about mid-calf length
Since I love the 40's/50's style dresses, I decided it was time to make a petticoat to go under these full skirts. The petticoat is a simple align skirt with about a 12" deep double layer ruffly out of a soft netting. It was very simple to make, and I got the opportunity to use my ruffler foot - woo hoo!

I'll post a picture of me wearing it later this week.
Now on to my denim print jeans!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment