Saturday, December 31, 2011

The bathroom is done (a commercial break).

I haven't blogged in a while; but it doesn't mean I've been sitting idle!

The bathroom is done!  So here are my before after pictures:
The tub: 
 The nook area at opposite end of tub:



The Vanity:

Some of the changes that we made:
  1. Pull up carpeting in bathroom (whoever had that bright idea should be arrested), and replaced it with tile.
  2. Got rid of all of the wood trim on the floor and replaced with tile edging.
  3. Got rid of the decking around the tub, and moved tub closer to the window to increase usable floor space.
  4. Made that little nook area into usable space, by adding a cabinet.  Still planning to replace the wood in the cabinet door with glass to match the shower stall.
  5. Re-did the vanity to add more storage space and center the sinks, also put in granite counter top.
This was our first remodel of anything in our house (believe me after 25 years it was long over due!).   I know remodeling isn't a spiritual experience, but for me it was.  I really had to turn over control to the contractor and God.  I also had to stop watching those home remodeling shows where they had a contractor that does a crappy job!   I was filled with anxiety, and prayed constantly that God would be in control.  I must say God stepped in.  My contractor was excellent, and answered all of my questions when I was trying to figure out what and why of what they were doing (Especially when my engineering personality would kick in). I didn't have a nervous breakdown, and am exceptionally pleased with how it turned out.  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!  Now I'm in the decorating phase of the new bathroom.

New Project for 2012:  HARDWOOD floor in the master bedroom! 

Next post : Sewing done while remodeling ( the originally scheduled program - SMILE).

No comments:

Post a Comment