Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here are my jean "muslins". Sorry for the fuzzy pix, I tried to take them myself in a mirror. (I
think its time to invest in a tripod!).

Here is a side view: The rolled him is where I'm going to have them stop for capri's. Since My muslin turned out better than I expected, I figured I'd just keep them. I've already transferred the adjustments to my paper pattern. The other leg, is the length of the pants leg (cut), this should actually be the length with a hem. So I've got to add about 1-2 inches to my finished pattern.
Here is a front view:


I thought I'd practice my topstitching skills on them, and it turned out pretty well, with patience :)

This is a picture of the front:


Here is the back view. I didn't want to go too fancy on the pockets. so they are simple.



I got my waistband in on yesterday. I got the fit down pretty good through the hips and upper leg. However, I've still got to reduce this some more in the waist (In my pictures at the top I put on a belt with them; but I probably still need to take another inch or so out of the waist).

No comments:

Post a Comment