I usually go if there is sewing related items on the list. The last time I went, I ended up with some amazing sewing books (one by Singer (c 1972) and one by Coats & Clark (c. 1967)). These two books are two of the best sewing books I have ever purchased! Although the diagrams aren't in wonderful color, the drawings are just amazing. Everything is explained in detail from hand tailoring, laying out and cutting, fitting, etc. These two books have become my sewing bibles.
Simplicity 5309
Simplicity 4556, Simplicity 1721, Simplicity 3598, Simplicity 1537
McCall 4108, McCall 8454, Advance 6726, Advance 2917
McCall 4172, Advance 2753, Advance 2732, McCall 9765
Vogue 5089, Advance 2837, Butterick 9796, Advance 9315
All of the patterns are in tact, except for the Butterick 9796 (missing the bodice pieces). I've posted to the pattern rescue site. I am very excited to say the least. I also have about 10 men's patterns that I haven'had a chance to go thru yet. I already know which ones I'm going to make. Some of the envelopes were barely in-tact so I made photo-copies of the envelope, and placed the pattern, along with the original envelope, in a 5x8 envelope, and taped the photocopy on it.
BTW, I finally completed my other vintage dress. It turned out wonderfully. Before I go to church on tomorrow I'll have to have to take a picture of me in it. And I'm hoping to catch up on my blogging....
Happy sewing!
Hi Sandy .- I hope all is well for you. I love all these vintage patterns. Well, I only wish you a happy Christmas to you and yours best wishes for the new year.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Paco
What great finds! I haven't started a vintage pattern collection, yet but I have a feeling it's close by. lol.
ReplyDelete