Saturday, June 27, 2009

Well everyone, its been busy but fun time over the last couple of weeks. Work has been very busy, I've been working through lunch, but I'm not complaining. I've also worked a couple of weekends. I'm learning new things in the process, and enjoying what I'm doing.

To relax/unwind I come home and sew. I've finished a Burda skirt set from my BWOF archives, my first pair of custom jeans (which fit like a glove!), a Mccall Dress pattern, the snugglie for my daughter's future-college roommate. I'll have to post pictures later this weekend.

I also am going to a sewing studio each week. My sewing machine dealer (who I just love!) has a special class room with just about every make/model of Bernina in it. (She has an 830 set up there, so I get to sew on it rather than lugging mine back and forth). About 10 of us meet each Wednesday, and sew for about 4 hours. We don't have to bring machines, just our garments and sewing supplies. The owner is also a professional seamstress/tailor and is there to assist us and answer questions. She helped me draft my jeans pattern, custom fitted jeans a first for me.

Well anyway I was browsing thru blogs and found these lovely instructions for a "maxi dress". It s very simple to make, and is on my list of "to sew": Goddess Dress.

Happy Sewing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment