Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Vintage kind of day, and other surprises

Remember the vintage patterns that my Mom gave me back in May. Well I finally did one of them. It is a Butterick 8213. I'm not sure when it was in-print, but the original cost of the pattern was only 50 cents. It was very simple. Sewing instructions back then were written very SPARSELY to say the least. But I love the fit of the dress.



I also got a chance to use some of my fabric stash for it, so that was really great. Sorry for the picture, maybe tomorrow when the sun is out, I'll have my husband take one outside. I find it very difficult to do self portraits.


This weekend I also got the first of the three more boxes of vintage patterns from my Mom, and a box of zippers!


I've signed up for the stash contest on sewing.patternreview.com, so on to the next project.

3 comments:

  1. Your dress turned out really great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy .- made you a very elegant version of the patron Vintage. congratulations. greetings, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have something in common; we both love vintage dresses. Your looks great!

    ReplyDelete