- My daughter decided on a college (she's decided to do pharmacy)
- traveled home to see my parents (actually went fabric/pattern shopping crazy with my Mom)
- found a store called "dirt cheap" on my trip home, yes that's right - for another post!
- started teaching part-time at a local college
- bought an adjustable height table for my sewing room to do cutting
- got a stash of vintage patterns from my Mom
- used some of my sewing stash (& bought replacement fabric - LOL)
- organized my patterns
For my newer patterns I have a word template that I use. Then I go to the pattern company's website and cut and past the information that I need, such as a picture, pattern description, yardages, front/back line drawing:For my older patterns, I copy the pattern envelope (front and back) by reducing it to a 5x8 card without borders. (My 4 in 1 printer has a copy function that allows me to reduce).

When I go shopping I just take the card out of my notebook and place in my purse. When I pick out fabric for a particular pattern, I clip a piece of the fabric and pin to the card. It makes it easier to pick out notions etc. since I have the card with the fabric sample attached.Well needless to say I have discovered that I have a LOT of patterns to say the least. We won't say how many though - SMILE! And they've just increased by another 100 or so because of my Mom's gift of some vintage patterns. I had to send those by UPS, since the planes won't let you carry baggage for free anymore. I'll take pix when they arrive.
What a great idea! I've yet to find a system that works for me, however this looks like something I could manage to keep up on. And how easy to browse your pattern collection!
ReplyDeleteSandy .- uhmmm this same .... I should do, really. sometimes I become crazy looking for a pattern. that is what I have, but not where. Best wishes, Paco
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy . . .
ReplyDeleteTAG your IT!
Visit my blog for details!