Well, here's another one from my fabric stash. This was a border print that I purchased a couple of years ago for about 50 cents a yard. It took 4 yards, because the border was actually crosswise (printed like panels); so it only costs me $2 in fabric. You can't buy a top that cheaply from the store.

I just wanted a quick little top to wear with jeans, and it definitely was quick, took maybe 2 hours to make.
The neckline was plunging to say the least. More, than I needed to show, so I took one of the diamond motifs and placed in the opening.

I'll probably make it again in a solid print and use a piece of lace for the inset (no way am I wearing this top without an inset!)
Next blog, a vintage dress I made from a pattern given to me by my mom!
great top, I really like what you did with the inset. that fabric sure was a bargain!
ReplyDeleteSandy .- pretty blouse. I love the way you distributed the grounds of the fabric. Congratulations, you enjoy it. greetings, Paco
ReplyDelete